Creamy Cashew Cheese Risotto
This creamy, vegan, cashew risotto makes for the perfect side dish or a larger cozy entreé. I used Banza's chickpea rice as a risotto substitute - just for a little added nutrition. Feel free to swap out for the real deal.
- 1/2 cup Soaked raw cashews for the cheese
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast for the cheese
- 1/2 clove Garlic for the cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice for the cheese
- 4 tbsp Vegetable broth for the cheese
- 2 tbsp Water for the cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for the cheese
- 1/4 Red bell pepper (roasted) for the cheese
- 1 tbsp White onion - chopped for the cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Ghee for the cheese
- 2 pinches Salt for the cheese
- 1 pinch Pepper for the cheese
- 1.5 cup uncooked Banza rice
- 5 stalks Asparagus
- 2 cup Mushrooms - chopped
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Chop asparagus and mushrooms to bite sized pieces. Set aside
Add all of the cheese recipe ingredients into a blender, food processor, or bullet. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, or until creamy.
Put asparagus and mushrooms on a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until slightly browned/charred.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and and add the Banza rice to the water. Boil until rice is cooked (only about 5 minutes)
Strain the rice and add back to the pot, drizzle with a little olive oil so it doesn't stick together.
Add in the cheese, add in the asparagus and mushrooms. Serve and enjoy!