I love pesto, but I wanted to experiment with something different. Thats one of my favorite things about cooking, as opposed to baking. I love that I can play around and experiment with different ingredients and taste test as I go. I made this pesto out of things I found in my fridge and pantry and it turned out delicious!
Broccoli & Cashew Pesto Pasta
A new twist on your typical pesto! I put this over Banza's chickpea pasta, instead of regular. But feel free to use whatever type of pasta works for your body.
- 2 stalks broccoli pesto ingredient
- 2 handfuls basil pesto ingredient
- 1/2 cup cashews pesto ingredient
- 1/2 tbsp ghee pesto ingredient
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes pesto ingredient
- 1 tbsp olive oil pesto ingredient
- 1 pinch salt and pepper pesto ingredient
- 1 box Banza chickpea pasta
- 1/2 container cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 450 to roast the cherry tomatoes.
Get a pot of water boiling for the pasta. Season with salt.
Place all of the pesto ingredients into a food processor and set on high until completely mixed.
Place tomatoes in the oven and spray with coconut oil or olive oil. They only take about 6-8 minutes. Broil them for the last 2 minutes if you'd like them a little charred.
Add pasta to boiling water and boil until tender.
Drain pasta and place back into pot and add the roasted tomatoes and the pesto. Toss until it's mixed.
Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add in any of your favorite seasonal vegetables! After eating this I thought it'd be delicious with roasted corn and zucchini.